3 Best Beekeeping Beverages to Get You Through the Day
With hydration in mind, we’ve compiled a list of our favourite beekeeping beverages. Each recipe offers unique health benefits and – more importantly – are all equally delicious! What’s even better is there are no artificial ingredients and you can tweak each recipe by experimenting with different honey to achieve wonderful new flavour combinations.
Cinnamon & Honey Tea
The Metabolism Booster
We’re starting off with a drink that prepares your body for the day ahead. Our cinnamon & honey tea helps to boost your metabolism and give you a much-needed natural release of energy. Research has shown that cinnamon can reduce belly fat, as it takes more energy for your body to process than other foods. When you combine this with all the good minerals and amino acids in honey, you’ve got a tasty, metabolism-boosting solution for early mornings and breakfast in bed! Click here for the best beekeeping mugs to sip your bee tea from!
Cinnamon Honey Tea
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Good Quality Honey
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- Add 1/2 tsp of Ground Cinnamon into a cup of boiling water
- Cover and leave for 10-15 minutes until cool
- Stir in 1 tsp of your favourite honey, mix well and enjoy!
Buzzing Electrolyte Drink
This next recipe is fantastic for a multitude of applications. Without getting too involved in the science, electrolytes make our bodies’ cells and organs function correctly. You’ll probably recognise some of the individual electrolytes such as sodium, potassium and chloride. With that said, it’s vital that we replenish those electrolytes when we’re low, which happens when we exercise and we’re ill. Our Buzzing Electrolyte Drink is a deliciously natural way to replenish your body, whilst avoiding the artificial ingredients present in many shop bought beverages.
Buzzing Electrolyte Drink
- 1 cup Fresh Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 cups Water
- 4 tbsp Organic Raw Honey
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt (Or any mineral-rich salt)
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until delicious!
- Store any leftover drink in the fridge and consume within a couple of days
Honey Lemonade with Raspberry Ice Cubes
The Fresh Refresher
After a long day, there’s nothing more satisfying than taking 10 minutes to reflect on events passed, with peace, quiet and a refreshing drink. Our final recipe is the perfect accompaniment to your time of rest. Better yet, it counts towards one of your 5 a day! The fruit will happily stay frozen for months, so you can prepare this one ahead of time and reap the benefits whenever your day calls for it. We’d recommend using an organic, runny honey for the lemonade, which will enable easy mixing.
Honey Infused Lemonade with Iced Raspberries
- 3/4 cup Organic Runny Honey (For easy mixing!)
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Lemon Juice
- 9 cups Water
- 28 Raspberries
- Combine the honey and lemon juice in large pitcher; stir until honey is dissolved
- Stir in water
- Place 1 to 2 pieces of fruit in each compartment of 2 ice cube trays
- Fill each compartment with honey lemonade and freeze until firm
- Chill remaining lemonade
- To serve, divide frozen fruit cubes between tall glasses and fill with remaining lemonade
Need More Beekeeping Beverages & Recipes?
This is the first in a series of posts showcasing the best delicious honey recipes. Some will be familiar, some new and exciting, but all use our favourite treat for its health benefits and fantastic flavour. Next month, we’ll bring you 3 moreish sweets and snacks which would make perfect partners for these Beekeeping Beverages! If you’d like to read more about honey’s effect on our health, click here.